Participating regions and municipalities in the Netherlands
Over the course of five years seven Dutch regions (clusters of Dutch municipalities) are partaking in our prospective research on extramuralisation and decentralization of social relief and sheltered housing in the Netherlands.
- The region of Zuid-Kennemerland, IJmond and Haarlemmermeer
- The region of Meierij and Bommelerwaard
- The region of Waterland
- The region of Gooi and Vechtstreek
- The region of the Hague
- The region of Rijnstreek
- The regioin of Utrecht (specialization on prevention of recurrent homelessness)
Additional research projects
Alongside the prospective research, the research team is involved in researching various innovative interventions and research context related to homelessness, social welfare, sheltered housing and sofa surfing in the Dutch context:
- A cooperative researchproject on longterm undocumented elderly in the Netherlands
- Intervention on client participation and representation at health insurers of patients receiving mental health care in three regions in the Netherlands
- Research on resource group interventions for young sofa surfers in Rotterdam
- Research on recovery of clients moving into clustered housing projects with a Housing First-principle in Utrecht
- Research on a variety of policy interventions for young homeless people in the Hague
Currently all of these reports are written in Dutch as they aim to provide municipalities, NGOs and housing corporations with outcomes and advice to improve local policy making.
Meanwhile the researchteam works on various academic papers on the outcomes of these research projects and the peer-to-peer research method. When finished, they will be published on this website.